Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My audio podcast

When creating a podcast here are some main questions to consider.
1. Why am I creating the content I am creating? I choose a how to instuctions because I am concerned with saving money as I am a single parent of 2 boys and a full time student.
2. Who is my audience? My audience would be my instuctor and any of my classmates that view my blog or anybody that decides to have a look at my blog.
3. What do I want the content to achieve? I want the content to teach somebody that has never before waxed their eyebrows at home to be able to follow the steps and the outcome to be positive.
4. When and how are you going to develop content? I creaded my podcast today in class using Audacity and publishing it to my Podbean account. I had to convert the file from a Wave file to a MP3 file first for it be be a success.
5. Where are you going to publish? Explain why you selected this option. I published on Podbean because my group and I already had the account from our pervious assignment on how to create a podcast.

When creating my podcast I used a microphone and the Audacity software. I of course used my voice which I already have. I also needed to use Zamzar.com to convert my file to a Mp3 file as well. There were only 13 steps in my how to process so keeping the time to a minimun wasn't a problem at all. I had about six minutes total. I already had the Podbean account so publishing was a breeze. Make sure to edit your podcast to remove any ums or ahs or breaks in speech to just tighten up the cast.

Here is the link to about.com http://hairremoval.about.com/od/waxathome/ht/waxing-eyebrows.htm?p=1

Also to view my Podcast here is the link to Podbean.com screen name Fantasticfour http://fantasticfour.podbean.com/2012/04/10/eyebrow-waxing-at-home/

There are 9 main points to consider when creating a successful podcast here are just a few of those to help you along:

1.) Be sure to listen before you record. Do a little research and listen to some examples of podcasts to see the different types before creating your podcast.

2.) Use music wisely. You will be in violation of copyright laws if you use commercial music or something from your CD collection. Many musician's would likely love to work with you for the exposure it would bring them.

3.) Editing is your friend. Take time to listen to what you recorded and edit anything that needs editing. Get rid of any pauses and dead space.

4.) Keep length in mind. Best to keep it under 30 minutes. Some of course can be longer but for immediate release under 30 minutes is best.

5.) Submit to iTunes. Apples iTunes is the prremier place to be listed. Its the most popular. Be prepared for a 2-week lag time before you are listed.

6.) You likely already have the equipment you need. You only need a microphone most computers have built in if not they don't cost too much. Audacity.com is a great recording software that is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment